Matthew Scott,Japanese-Style Acupuncture and
Acugraph Meridian Testing
- B.Ac. (Acupuncturist)
- Graduate of Australian College of Natural Medicine, 1990
- Member of International Institute for Complementary Therapists
Triple Therapy – Pain Free Acupuncture
Matthew Scott is from Sydney, Australia. He has been an acupuncturist since 1990. Matthew first became interested in acupuncture in 1986 when he had treatment for low back pain. It worked when nothing else did and he decided to make acupuncture his career.
Matthew’s professional training began in 1987 at the Australian College of Natural Medicine (now Endeavour College of Natural Health) in Brisbane, Australia. He graduated with a 4-year health science degree combining aspects of Eastern and Western medicine including acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine, anatomy and physiology, biochemistry and nutrition, clinical nutrition and clinical medicine.
Matthew is involved in numerous health education activities, and has published a website called Chinese Health Exercises where you can learn traditional Chinese exercises for health and healing.
New In Hong Kong: The Acugraph Test
At each visit Matthew does an Acugraph test. This is a quick and simple computerized exam which provides valuable diagnostic information and helps him to determine your treatment that day. Just like your doctor would do a cardiac test to check the electrical activity of your heart, an Acugraph test checks the electrical activity of your acupuncture meridians. In acupuncture meridian therapy, all health problems will manifest as imbalances in your body’s electrical energy circuit. Treatment is aimed at correcting these imbalances by stimulating specific points on the imbalanced meridians. Acugraph very accurately identifies your particular meridian imbalances, which increases your treatment effectiveness. You can see a sample Acugraph test chart here:
What Is Acupuncture Good For?
Acupuncture is safe and effective for a wide range of problems. According to the World Health Organization, some of the symptoms and conditions for which it has been proved, through controlled trials, to be effective include:
- Adverse reactions to radiotherapy and/or chemotherapy
- Allergic rhinitis (including hay fever)
- Biliary colic
- Depression (including depressive neurosis and depression following stroke)
- Dysentery, acute bacillary
- Dysmenorrhoea, primary
- Epigastralgia, acute (in peptic ulcer, acute and chronic gastritis, and gastrospasm)
- Facial pain (including craniomandibular disorders)
- Hypertension, essential
- Hypotension, primary
- Knee pain
- Low back pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Neck pain
- Pain in dentistry (including dental pain and temporomandibular dysfunction)
- Periarthritis of shoulder
- Postoperative pain
- Renal colic
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Tennis elbow
- No needles, no pain, but get the same results!
- Using Acugraph and gentle, non-needle treatment tools like laser, microcurrent and ‘ear seeds’, Matthew brings to Hong Kong a modern, effective, totally pain free style of acupuncture that is very patient-friendly. Even for kids! And with Acugraph you can immediately see the results of each test on a chart and track your progress over the course of your treatment.
- Although Matthew has been doing acupuncture for 26 years, he is new to Hong Kong. To get to know Matthew and how he can help you he is offering a free 15-minute consultation including an Acugraph exam. Call our office for your free appointment.